Tuesday 24 November 2009

A doll called Poppy

Meet the new member of Flopsy Bunny's doll family - she's not finished yet as the eagle eyed amongst you will notice! But I wanted to show her to you all the same. Father Christmas will be popping this one into Flopsy Bunny's stocking on Christmas Eve.

When I saw Cupcakes for Clara's doll I thought what a fantastic doll. I had been looking for a doll that Flopsy Bunny could dress for ages. I had been disappointed in all the plastic dolls available as they are difficult to dress as the arms don't move very easily and the rag dolls available didn't really have the right feel to them either. But I loved this one, so I hopped down under to Hop Skip Jump and bought a Poppy Doll pattern. It's a great pattern, really easy to follow and makes up great. Included are patterns for a pair of trousers and two tops. I'm now frantically sewing when Flopsy Bunny is not around so she will have lots of little outfits to dress her dolly in.

No comments:

Post a Comment